Masthead header

handmade | hanging mason jar tutorial

hanging mason jar lanterns at a rustic farm wedding
via knightlightevents

I hope this post is helpful for you too, because I love seeing mason jars hanging from trees with candles or flowers in them, and I knew they were hung with wire, but this tutorial over at DIY Wedding is so simple and straightforward. Be sure to head over there for the full DIY!

DIY tutorial on making mason jar hanging lanterns
via DIY Wedding

Now that I know how to make these, it makes me want to run out and get my supplies to make them right away! And there are so many ways to incorporate these hanging jars into your rustic wedding decor.

Here are a few ideas…
…hanging lanterns above each dining table or anywhere really
…hanging near the head table to put each of the wedding party bouquets in
…hanging behind the couple as they say their wedding vows
…as a wall of hanging lanterns behind the dance floor. Would make for a stunning backdrop.
…a display of photographs in each of the hanging jars (in lieu of flowers or candles). Your guests could have fun walking around to see all of your photos together, displayed in a new way.
…one jar could be hanging near the guest book table holding the pens you want guests to write with in your guest book.

hanging mason jar lanterns above a rustic dining table
via the high heeled hostess

hanging mason jar lanterns with colorful ribbon
via style me pretty

mason jar lanterns as aisle decor for a rustic outdoor ceremony
via tumblr

Do you love these? Have another idea on ways to incorporate these? Leave a comment and share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share on FacebookTweet itPin itEmail to a friend
  • May 10, 2012 - 11:09 am

TRUINA - They are so effective!! Love that!! Going to make my own!!ReplyCancel

• May 20, 2012 - 4:08 pm

Cassie | Meet Mrs. B - I love the hanging mason jar effect instead of just having them on tables and such. It’s a nice touch to make mason jars more elegant! I love it!ReplyCancel

• June 20, 2012 - 9:49 am

Megan - I absolutely love the hanging mason jars! Creates such an amazing atmosphere, and that top photo is so dreamy!ReplyCancel

• August 16, 2012 - 9:11 pm

Jess - Love! Any ideas for how to hang the mason jars by the chairs for a ceremony that is outside on a concrete patio? It looks like those rods are wedged in the ground in the last picture.ReplyCancel

• August 17, 2012 - 9:38 am

I Love Farm Weddings - Good question Jess. I will have to brainstorm this some more but one option would be to build little stands using 1x4s with a base and a vertical piece (with supports), then you could add a hook and have them supported. And you could paint them to make them blend in better. If your chairs aren’t rounded, like those in that last picture, you could simply hang them over the side. Another idea – put tree stumps along the sides of the aisle and add a hook to those to hang. You could add something on top too – flowers or more candles? I think that’d be lovely. Another thought – Run a piece of sturdy wire from the first row to the last and hang them from that (you’d have to figure out what to anchor the wire to, but that would be a very inconspicuous way). You could set the jars on plant stands instead of hanging them. Those are the ideas that quickly came to my head, but I’ll keep pondering! Thanks for asking!ReplyCancel

• August 17, 2012 - 10:20 pm

Jess - I love the tree stump idea! Thanks for all the helpful ideas :) ReplyCancel

• October 8, 2012 - 9:03 pm

Planning Your Own Wedding: The Theme | Going Domestic - [...] the below.Sources: 1. Table 2. Table 3. Green Dress #1 4. Green Dress #2 5. Tea Sandwiches 6. Night Lights 7. Invitations (can’t seem to find this one again…) 8. Advice Jars 9. Table 10. Drinks [...]ReplyCancel

• December 24, 2012 - 1:51 pm

30 Beach Themed Wedding Projects & DIY Inspiration | Confetti Daydreams - [...] little tea lights in mason jars to create an enchanting evening affair. From DIY Wedding via I Love Farm Weddings, follow the easy-peasy tutorial and you will have hanging wedding decor in no time! Perfect to hang [...]ReplyCancel

• April 30, 2013 - 4:49 pm

BrideTide - Just forwarded this to a planning bride that mentioned she was thinking about using a ton of mason jars she bought from a garage sale. This should be helpful for her. Thanks!ReplyCancel

• May 6, 2013 - 9:57 am

Movie Monday: Forrest Gump | Cherryblossoms and Faeriewings - [...] photo source: Bridal Book, Nez Cruz, I Love Farm Weddings [...]ReplyCancel

• December 26, 2013 - 1:07 pm

Elaine Kendall - A great DIY guide :) thanks for sharing!ReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *